Monday, January 20, 2014

Say hi

Hi All,

I am starting this blog to teach basic french as along I am learning it myself. Please make sure to check things elsewhere as there is no guarantee for anything. This might help native Hindi speaking people as there is very little I found for french in Hindi online. There are few good apps on Android and iPad notably speaking Speak Easy on iPad. FrenchPod101.com has very good podcasts available.

First of all let's start with "hi", now there are two words in French for it. More popular one is "Bonjour"(बों-जोअ्ह ) and other less formal is "Salut"(सल्यू). Hindi speakers should mind that a 100 % correct pronunciation key is difficult to make. So they should consult other resources and should not take this as final.

To speak more about these words, first one sounds like Bon-joh and is never used for saying bye. On the other hand Salut can be used to say bye as well.

That's all for this post. As and when I feel like it I shall keep posting things which I feel comfortable about.

Salut.


Update:

Adding few more words

Bonsoir बों-स्वाअ्ह -- Good evening
Bonnenuit बन-न्वी -- Good night 
Au revoir औ-हअ्ह-व्हाह -- Goodbye
 Bienvnue ब्यां-वअ्ह-न्यू -- Welcome 

No comments:

Post a Comment